Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Good Heart

Last night, me and my son were looking at the pictures of houses in the local newspaper. Along the way, my son was so excited, he said to me 'Dad, I will help you circle the houses that are good', I wanted to laugh seeing his enthusiasm and indeed he started to circle the houses. And the way he did it was like an adult, he would read how many bedrooms, toilets, showers, study room and garage in each house. In his excitement, he asked me, 'Dad, is this a good house?' Then, I gave my opinion to him.

After looking at several houses, he would then started to ask me about the prices of the houses, well, he is only six years old and he is not able to read those prices with so many zeros behind the number yet. I tried to explain to him and said that those houses were expensive.

Then, he asked me 'Dad, how much money do we have in the bank?' I said not enough to buy those houses. Surprisingly to me, he said, 'Dad, I will give you my money from my piggy bank so that you can buy the house.' I paused for a moment, thinking how generous he is, and how good his thought is. I smiled and said to him, it still wouldn't be enough, but he insisted. He took the money out from his piggy bank and gave it to me, and he asked me to count it to check if it was enough. I smiled and asked him to keep his money, but somehow he was persistence and really wanted to help me.

In my heart, I didn't know what to say seeing how good his heart is, wanting to help his parents. In fact, I cried in silence not because I was sad, but because I was full of joy and thankfulness to God for giving me this precious gift, a son with a good heart, what a blessing.

A heart that full of goodness that comes from the Lord, it is my hope and prayer everyday.

Thank you my son for teaching daddy a very good lesson in life.

No comments: