Monday, August 28, 2006

Change My Heart, O God

Change my heart o God
Make it ever true
Change my heart o God
May I be like You

You are the Potter,
I am the clay
Make me and Mould me
This is what I pray

This is one of my favourite songs which often reminds me to be true to God, also the longing to be like Him, and to follow His footsteps faithfully.

No matter how long you have become a Christian or perhaps involved in the church ministry as a pastor, elder, worship leader, usher, and much more; One cannot deny as the song said, to always check your heart.

It is so easy for christians to be caught up in becoming self righteous and somehow are no longer in the need of Him because perhaps we feel that we have all the knowledge ( intelectually ) inside out, or perhaps we boast on our own effort in growing the church, or perhaps we are too busy with the church program(s), and perhaps still much more ...

In the midst of all these, have we ever taken a time to sit down quietly and to reflect on our hearts sincerely and in prayer asking God to constantly transform our hearts and mould our hearts while we continue this journey as His followers ?

A heart that reflects on Jesus to become a blessing for others and bring glory to Him.

Do we long for this ?

No comments: